My Chicken Curry Recipe


My most requested "Chicken Curry".

Hola! I know months have passed and my blog's begging for a new post. The last being in February. I just couldn't find anything interesting to share within the past months and I feel obligated to somehow give my blog a little more life. (Boring lang talaga ang life ko these days. Walang masyadong ganap.)

So here I am, trying my best I could to give out something new. And so I thought of sharing some secret food recipes I've done. As you all know, aside from being a frustrated fashion stylist designer, I am also a frustrated cook and chef-wanna-be.

Every once in awhile, the little chef in me comes out and does both disaster and magic in our kitchen.

So, let's celebrate the goodness that is called "Food". This post is about one food recipe I've tried (yes, 'tried' is the right word) in the past and surprisingly gained so much praises and appreciation from, well, uhmm my family! What's family for, right?

Anyway, not so much people know that I cook. Not even my closest friends who are just so surprised and amazed the time they've learned that I certainly can cook a proper meal (Hah! They are sooo jealous right now!).

So for a start, let me share with you one of the recipes my family use to request. My grandma most especially.

The Chicken Curry!

Ingredients:
Chicken breast - 1/2 Kg. (chopped)
Potatoes - 3 medium-sized (we're actually a carbohydrates loving family so I usually add more potatoes)
Carrots - 1 medium-sized (chopped)
Curry Powder
Bell Pepper - 2 medium-sized (Red and Green)
Celery - 1 stalk
Patis - 1 Tbsp.
Cooking Oil / Butter
Gata / Evaporated Milk
Chili Powder / Chili Pepper / Siling Labuyo
Garlic
Onion
Chicken broth / Water


First, heat the pan and saute the potatoes in butter until they turn a little brownish and then set aside.

Add the onion and garlic. When the onion turns translucent (or transparent? whatever it's called), fry the chicken breast slices.

Add 1 tablespoon of Patis. Patis is a fish sauce in the Philippines used for cooking. Do not stir until it boils. WARNING: The smell isn't that good at first.

Add curry powder, just enough to coat the chicken breast slices. Let it fry for 1 minute.

Pour in the chicken broth. Wait until it boils.

Add the potatoes... then the carrots. Stir and let it simmer until tender. Add the bell pepper. Simmer for 2 more minutes.

Add the gata or evaporated milk. Stir.

Add salt to taste and chili. (amount of chili powder or chili pepper depends on your preference and it's optional.)

Let it simmer for another 2 minutes and then add the celery.

Serve hot!

Thanks for reading. 'Til my next post, guys!

Please share your thoughts on the comment box below. :)

Lovelots!

Comments