Graham Cake à la Rhebzie


It's my sister's birthday and as a way of thanking her for being the family's bread winner, I made a delightful cake for her. Not the oven-baked cake but hey it's still called a cake.

I've been doing this occasionally and it seems like it keeps getting better and better everytime (haha nagbubuhat ng sariling bangko). Well nobody dares to complain about it so I'm good with that.  It takes time to practice as they say. Though I don't exactly recall when was the last time I made one. I think it was last year the same day... or was it May, mama's birthday? Whatever!

I like things simple as much as possible, I hate anything complicated and that's what this recipe's all about. No baking/culinary skills needed to do this. Here's how...

Ingredients are the following:

  • 2 Chocolate Graham Crackers
  • 3 250g pack Nestlé Cream
  • 1 300mL cans Condensed Milk
  • 1 500g can Fruit Cocktail
  • Gelatin Powder (optional)

If you worry about your body weight and you worry so much about calorie intake, I am so sorry chicas but when I cook, I don't do calorie count. God knows how much I want to have a sexy slim figure but when it comes to food, this desire is just not enough to make me stop for wanting to eat whatever I like.

As to the servings per meal, I can actually eat half of the cake so it could possibly be 2 servings but I leave it to you how you slice the cake. LOL.

Directions:

1. Drain the fruit cocktail. Set aside.

2. Combine Nestle cream and condensed milk in one bowl. Mix well. I don't really take note of the amount of each ingredient when I cook. I only make 'tantiya' (estimate). But based on past experiences 3:1 seems like a perfect ratio for the Nestle Cream and Condensed milk.

3. Make 'latag' the Graham Crackers in a rectangular bowl. But before you do that, you might want to dip the crackers first in to the fruit cocktail juice for some extra 'kembot' of the taste.

4. Make two layers of the Graham crackers then spread a generous amount of the milk-cream mixture...

...then do another 2 layers of crackers on top. Repeat this step until the rectangular box is almost full.

5. Once done with the 'layering', add an extra layer of fruit cocktail on top of it then lots of the Milk-cream mixture. Chill.

Optional: Follow cooking direction on gelatin package add the remaining fruit cocktail juice then pour on top of Graham Cake. Chill.

So that's it chicas. My Graham Cake à la Rhebzie!

Gracias for reading my post!

And HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER JHING!

Comments