The Beauty that is "Biak-na-Bato" in Santiago, Ilocos Sur


I was invited by a friend to go to Santiago, Ilocos Sur to this place they call “Biak na Bato”. I’ve never heard about it so I went with him mainly because it only meant new adventure, new scenery, new place.

Entrance fee was Php5.00 each. The place is called Biak na Bato because of the rock formation that looks like “nabiyak” at the center.


Good thing we went there just in time before the sun sets. that only added to my appreciation of the place. it was breathtaking!


Generally speaking, the place is good, although the people managing the place should take serious actions in developing it, most especially the rest rooms, because I can see so much potential that it's going to be a hit to local and foreign tourists. Anyone wouldn't care if the entrance fee costs a little bit more basta ba the services and facilities are better.

Safety of the guests MUST also be taken into consideration because some guests saw a snake in one of the cracks. Eeeek!!! Scary! Buti na lang I wasn't there that time because I was busy enjoying the view of the sunset.


But still I liked the place.

If you want to visit the place, it's located north of Santiago cove.

Comments