Vigan City Among New Seven Wonder Cities of the World!


Vigan City is named one of the 7 wonder cities in the world along with: Beirut, Lebanon; Doha, Qatar; Durban, South Africa; Havana, Cuba; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and La Paz, Bolivia!

We made it! Proud Ilokano here!

Vigan City, Ilocos Sur has officially landed a spot in the New 7 Wonders - Cities in the World.

The heritage city of Vigan is the only UNESCO world heritage city in the Philippines. It represents a unique blend of Asian and European culture as perfectly pictured by its most preserved architectural designs.

St. Paul Metropolitan Cathedral in Vigan City
St. Paul Metropolitan Cathedral

I have been to Vigan countless times this year and have featured it in one of my blog posts (Read: Vigan Rampage!) with the places I, along with friends, went to as we scoured the wonders the city offers.



Growing up in Ilocos Sur, (Yes. I am an Ilocano and proud-to-be!) I’ve witnessed how the city blossomed into becoming the Vigan City most people know of today. I am happy with its continuous improvement and developments. And I am glad and proud that it made it to the New 7 Wonder Cities of the World and this is through the joint efforts of many fellow Filipinos who voted for Vigan in the past years.

Comments