How to Retrieve Data from Flash Drive not Showing Files and Folders?


I am sharing this as I know how it feels when you find out that your flash drive has been infected by a virus that hides every single file in it.

Frustrating in the sense that I already have three anti-virus installed on my computer but still the files remain to be hidden and the virus/es undetected. I have searched for solutions and religiously followed every instruction. I even installed malware detectors and antimalware/adware software and waited  for them to do full scan on my computer for hours. I have been literally infront of the computer for 6 straight hours (seryoso 'to!)... and still nothing happened!!!

Good thing I always have my extra patience with me all the time. (I'm not giving up, you effin' virus b*tch*s!!!)

My journey to unveiling the secret did come to an end at exactly 1:50AM, SUnday, July 26, 2015. Puyatan itech mga teh!

Found a post on sevenforums.com which only required me 4 steps:

1. Go to Folder Options then select View tab.
2. Make sure that "Show hidden files and folder" is enabled.
3. Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)"
4. Right click the folder and uncheck "Hidden" or type attrib filename -h -r -s (filename = location of the file. In my case it's g:) in command prompt

... and voila! I have my files back!

Time to make some backup copies. I selected all important files in it then saved in my computer desktop and local disk and then burned them on a CD for additional backup.

When done copying all files, I reformatted my flash drive hoping that it won't ever get infected by the same virus, ever again!

Please share your experiences too if you have had similar problem and was able to solve it for others to read.

Comments