My Creamy Carbonara Recipe


The first time I’ve eaten Carbonara was in 2004---College Days! That was when a friend cooked it for our small Christmas gathering/party/picnic just before we separate for the Christmas vacation. I asked her how she did it but I didn’t quite get the recipe and have forgotten to ask about it again after.

Fast forward to Christmas 20015, I’ve cooked the family a Carbonara recipe I got from one of the packs of the products I used in a recipe I was working on. That was the first and the family liked it!

Carbonara is becoming part of our family Christmas tradition as I am planning to cook it again for the Noche Buena. The family likes it because it’s something different from the usual red spaghetti; it’s creamy and has this very homey feel and taste.

Here’s how I make my Carbonara:

The following ingredients are needed:


1kg Cooked Spaghetti pasta, al dente
250g Chopped Bacon
250g Ham (optional)
1 can (425g) Sliced Button Mushrooms
Parmesan Cheese
Cheddar Cheese
4-5 packs Nestle All-Purpose Cream
2 tbsp Minced Garlic
Water
Salt and Pepper to taste

Procedure:
1.    Fry bacon on medium heat until crispy (Set aside some fried bacon for topping).
2.    Add the minced garlic. Saute until garlic turns light brown.
3.    Add ham and mushrooms and cook for at least 15-30 seconds.
4.    Lower the heat and pour in All-Purpose Cream. Stir. Then in goes the 2 cheeses.
5.    Thin out the sauce with water if needed.
6.    Salt and Pepper to taste.
7.    Turn off heat and toss cooked pasta into the sauce until well-coated. Serve!

That’s it! A very creamy Carbonara recipe for the Holiday Season.

Aiming for a White Christmas? This food recipe is the perfect idea just for you!

Here are some Tips:

  • You can add bits of red, green, and yellow bell peppers for a more festive color and look.
  • Use butter in frying the bacon. Add a little oil because butter has the tendency to get burnt easily and you don’t want that.
  • Try adding sausages, luncheon meat. Meat balls, maybe strips of left over chicken or tuna flakes. The world is full of endless possibilities! *wink*

 photo blognirhebziesignature2_zps2afdde1d.png

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Instagram .

Feel free to comment below.

Comments