New Found Love: I am Officially a Plant Parent!

A selection of my very first plant collection.

The year 2020 was quite a ride! During the lockdown period in the Philippines (one of the longest and most strict in the world), we've been confined in the four corners of our homes. Thanks to the Internet we can still access the outside world. Just imagine being locked down way back the time where Internet is not yet a thing, can you imagine what would you be doing? Can you imagine life without Internet?

Well, without any indication the Covid-19 pandemic is going to end soon, it's surprising to see people doing something not in their usual routine. Katulad ko. Who would have thought na mahuhumaling ako sa paghahalaman? Yes that's true! I am officially a plantita, plant addict, plant collector/buyer/seller (whichever is applicable).

If not because of the pandemic, I may not have discovered my love for plants and I am pretty sure this love for plants will last  forever. (Sana all may forever!) I am certain that this is not just riding along with what's on trend.

So, I think most of my succeeding posts will most likely be about my potted friends that I came to know in the New Normal. I would still love to feature my travel escapades, hotel reviews and such pero ang hirap pa rin magtravel sa ngayon. I am not yet vaccinated (kelan kaya pwede ang mga teachers? Just asking.)

For now, let me just show you my tiny bubble with some of my favorites:


The Anthurium Clarinervium remains to be one of my favorites.

Most of my plants are Aroids from the family Araceae which consists mostly of aglaonemas, monsteras, philodendrons, anthuriums, and pothos.


Other plants include the hibiscus plant, calatheas, and begonias. All of which, at first, I thought to be easy to take care of, but I was wrong.





My plant journey started last July 2020. And a lot has changed since then. I am still learning. I wouldn't consider myself as an expert but everything I've learned about being a plant parent were from posts and videos I've seen. So please tag along and join me as I explore and discover more of the plant world! Soon I will be sharing some success stories, some hits and misses, frustrations, and experiences as a plant parent. Feel free to subscribe to my blog and comment on my posts.

PS: I have a plant shop called THE PLANT BUBBLE on Facebook (URL: https://www.facebook.com/theplantbubble). Please hit the Like button and Share.  That would mean a lot to me. Thank you very much for reaching this far reading my post!

Comments